Ligne TCOB: Tramway Cornavin-Onex-Bernex
Perreten & Milleret is partner of the CONTACT joint venture
Type of project
In the context of the tramway network extension, in particular the TCOB line (Tramway Cornavin-Onex-Bernex), Perreten & Milleret SA was responsible for the demolition and reconstruction of the Ponts-de-l'Île bridges in downtown Geneva.
These are two road + tram bridges linking the two banks of the Rhone river, through the central island.
The works were achieved in a very dense urban constraint, with a very low clearance gauge below the structure.
- Phased demolition of the existing structure, and reconstruction of the "downstream" bridges, then of the "upstream" bridges, with an intermediary keying joint between the two structures.
- Continued flow of public transport busses (2500 daily moves)
- Continued pedestrian traffic
- Continued private vehicle traffic on one half-bridge
- Sustained access for the fire brigade and holders of access rights on the island
- Permanent availability of utility ducts
- Preservation of the navigation clearance gauge
- Control of stray currents associated with the movement of trams
- Tram and bus stops on the left river arm bridge
- Implementation of compensation measures of the fish population
CANTON GENEVA - DETA Department of Environnement, Transport and Agriculture
2008 - 2011