Conversion and extension of an office buidling
Type of project
Conversion and extension of a nine-floor office building, entirely renovated through important alterations of the supporting structure.
Extension of the north front structure with addition of two basement levels.
New facade and canopy
– Demolition of two load-bearing pillars on 9 levels
– Opening (12m x 5m) in the first floor slab
– Reinforcement of slab areas and pillars with carbon fiber strips.
– Antiseismic strengthening
– New underground corridor between the Rieu 14 and Rieu 18 Buildings, with matching structural strengthening
– Various new staircases
– Various new openings in the slabs and new load-bearing elements.
Total SIA volume: 59,800 m3
Total building area: 17,900 m2